Dr. Carl Baird DC, MS, CCSP
A Portland native raised by mid-western parents, Dr. Carl Baird brings his 'laid back, tough love' approach to healthcare. An approach grounded in fun and mindfulness with an understanding that no lasting change is possible without putting in the work.
Dr. Baird completed his Master's of Science in Exercise and Sports Science and post graduate fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Western States. He is licensed as a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician which has provided him extensive experience working with athletes of all levels. He served as sports medicine director for Parkrose High School. Been on the sidelines with the Portland Stags and Winterhawks, the Winter Dew Tour in Breckenridge, and the Pacific Crest Triathalon in Sunriver. And treated athletes at local CrossFit events, rodeos, and races.
In addition to his experience in sports medicine Dr. Baird also has extensive experience in the fitness and functional movement field. Before becoming a chiropractor he worked as a performance trainer. He has been an active member in the Crossfit community since 2012. He is a certified provider in functional movement systems including the FMS, SFMA, and Y Balance Test as well as a Corrective Exercise Specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
- Doctor of Chiropractic - University of Western States - Summa Cum Laude Graduate
- Master's in Science - Exercise and Sport Science - University of Western States
- Bachelor's in History and Spanish - Bucknell University
- Adjunct Faculty - University of Western States
- Sports Medicine Fellowship - University of Western States
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician - ACBSP
- Certified Selective Functional Movement Assessment Provider (SFMA)
- Certified Functional Movement System Practitioner (FMS)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) - NASM
- Certified Graston Technique
- ROCKTAPE Certified Provider - Functional Movement Taping
- ROCKTAPE Certified Provider - Performance Taping
- ROCK BLADES Certified Provider
Sporting Event Experience:
- Sports Medicine Director - Parkrose High School - 2015-2016
- Portland Stags Sports Medicine Provider - 2015-2016
- Portland Winterhawks Preseason Concussion Screens - 2016
- Pacific Crest Triathalon - 2012 and 2016
- Canby Rodeo - 2016 - Canby, OR
- Winter Dew Tour - 2014 - Breckenridge, CO
- Ragnar Race Colorado - 2014 - Vail, CO
More Important Info:
Favorite Pizza Topping:
Smoked Gouda, Salami, Spicy Chicken sausage (from New Seasons), and Mushrooms
Favorite Fictional Character:
Coach Eric Taylor (Friday Night Lights)
Picking music to fit a crowd. Juggling. Amateur Ukulele skills.
I've watched every season of Survivor (yes, that show is still on TV)